Here’s your internet archive of Mental Model | #DailyBlink71
So I thought of sharing some of the things that I have learned about mental models today. We make decisions every day, professional as well as personal. More often than not, facts and data at hand are not enough to have a clear vision. Mental models help in seeing through the clutter and working under constraints.
Here is a list of some of them from an article:
1. Common wisdom is superficial.
2. Most of the worldly matters are multi-variate events. It is a fallacy to attempt a diagnosis of them using emotions and assumptions.
3. Ignorance and knowledge both can be the source of confidence. Be sure to know which one at play.
4. Every magician knows the vanity of his tricks. Don’t be fooled by them.
5. Daily thoughts make us what we are. Choose a livelihood which can help to generate desired thoughts.
6. It is very difficult to brute force something using only mental faculties. Experience is necessary. Intellect blooms with experience. Experience is not measured on time scale.
7. Mind plays trickery all the time. Error of judgement is the most common reason for failures. Double and triple check your first ideas. Run an infinite loop of WHY, till you get the answers.
8. Neither it is possible nor beneficial to attempt to understand people’s motive. Focus on the task at hand.
9. Understanding the root problem should be the goal. Solutions come easy.
10. Break a complex problem/situation into many smaller and easier parts. Then solve each of these parts independently.
Mental Models for Founders | Hacker News
I first learned about mental models on a post at Ycombinator old blog. It was Charlie Munger's 'Worldly Wisdom'. Since…
Some of the other resources on mental model I have read on the topic:
Upgrade Your Brain: 9 Mental Models that Help you Think Clearly
Was I in a master’s program or grade school? Some days, I couldn’t tell. And yet that is where everything changed for…
Mental model examples: How to actually use them | Elon Musk
I believe your intellectual life is divided into two parts: before you embrace mental models and after. Mental models…
Most Important Mental Models for Startup Entrepreneurs - The Gritti Fund
Mental models are to your brain what apps are to your smartphone. These models help you make decisions, solve problems…
13 mental models every founder should know
Mental models are to your brain as apps are to your smartphone. Just like apps, there are a ton of mental models. They…
16 Mental Models for Founders and Leaders
Make High Quality Decisions with these Frameworks
Mental models - a secret weapon for startup founders
Mental models help startup founders avoid bias and blind spots, thus making decisions less risky. A mental model is an…
"A Lesson on Elementary, Worldly Wisdom" by Charlie Munger | James Clear
This speech was originally given by Charlie Munger at USC Business School in 1994. The full title of the talk is ""A…
I loved the way how they are connecting sellers and buyers on a simple communication tool i.e on WhatsApp. Most of the entrepreneurs cannot start pitching their customers until they have a refined and perfect product show them.
A lot of the time, they don’t need one to get in touch with their initial customers. Most of the time, it's just an excuse and they can never get started ever and keep pointing out mistakes in others without actually value to it.
Moreover, you would be surprised to know that they have been shortlisted for Y Combinator’s Winter Batch 2020 from India. How amazing is that?